One of a Kind
Welcome to Cherapa Place, one of the first buildings of its kind in South Dakota.
Cherapa Place rests on the former site of the Zip Feed Mill and towers over the east bank of the Big Sioux River. Located alongside the River Greenway trail, Cherapa sits above the River Greenway ampitheater, stage, walking trails, and canoe take out. It is also within walking distance to the 8th and Railroad Center shops and restaurants. The Levitt and Jones 421 are only a short walk away. Cherapa also houses ODE to Food and Drinks, a restaurant influenced by the rustic luxury of the Napa Valley.
LEED Gold Certified
The first Gold LEED Certified project in South Dakota, Cherapa Place is a six-story office + commercial space complex with an underground parking structure. It is a beautiful addition to the river front greenway in downtown Sioux Falls, SD.
Some of the environmental elements Cherapa Place has implement in the building process:
- Native grasses as landscape, which virtually eliminates watering requirements
- White and Green roof. First project in South Dakota to have a vegetated roof
- Low E Glass – the amount of glass used allows for optimal views and daylight access. A high-test glazing on windows assures optimum energy efficiency
- Certified Wood – Wood in the building comes from environmentally certified forests
- Direct/Indirect sensor lighting
- 80% of construction waste was diverted from landfill through use of recycling
The Future of Cherapa Place
Cherapa Place will soon be a vibrant urban neighborhood fully embracing the “live-work-play” environment. This $225 million development calls for continued density along our beautiful river greenway and extending back to the former railroad switchyard land. Notice the multiple options for living and working – apartments, condos, office buildings, retail and restaurant suites, parking structures, indoor and outdoor entertainment and more. We’re currently meeting with prospective tenants for occupancy in summer of 2023. Let us know if you’re interested.